2012-08-15

 



My head begins to jingle most ev'rytime I nod
Obviously, quite obviously I'm odd
Each Christmas I go fishing to catch a Christmas cod
'cause obviously, quite obviously I'm odd
When I was just a kitten, they'd said I'd be a gem
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat, it's odd how odd I am
I own a feather pillow but I slumber on the sod
'cause obviously, quite obviously I'm odd
Most cats have handsome whiskers but me, I've got a beard
'cause obviously, quite obviously I'm weird

"How can you go on talking so quietly, head downward?" Alice asked, as she dragged him out by the feet, and laid him in a heap on the bank.
The Knight looked surprised at the question. "What does it matter where my body happens to be?" he said. "My mind goes on working all the same. In fact, more head-downwards I am, the more I keep inventing new things."
-from THROUGH THE LOOKING-GLASS, "IT'S MY OWN INVENTION" by Lewis Carroll-

Keine Kommentare: